| || |
|FAQ - Travel|Español
Travel-related Questions during a Shelter at Home Order
Can I get a ride in my favorite ride share/on demand service or a taxi?
Can I take public transport (bus, subway, train)?
- Yes, but these services can only be used for “essential activities,” to get to and from work to operate “essential businesses,” or to provide “essential governmental functions,” which are defined in the Order. Keep in mind that being in close quarters in a vehicle that has been shared with many others should be avoided if possible.
Am I allowed to leave the areas covered by this Order to travel to/from a job outside the Bay Area? Does the Order allow me to leave the County?
- Yes, but public transit can only be used to perform “essential activities,” to get to and from work to operate “essential businesses,” or to maintain “essential governmental functions.” When using public transport, you should maintain at least 6 feet distance from one another (2 or 3 steps away), including if you are on the bus or on trains.
If I’m outside the county travelling for vacation or business, am I allowed to come home?
- Yes, but only to perform “essential activities,” operate “essential businesses,” or to maintain “essential governmental functions,” as those terms are defined in the Order. Otherwise, the answer is no because that puts you and others in the community at risk.
- The Order allows you to return home.
Can I take a vacation outside of this County?
- No, the Order does not permit traveling for leisure.