Acceptable Use Policy
Access to and use of the Solano County World Wide Web site is provided subject to these terms and conditions. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS USE OF THIS SITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The County of Solano’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is intended to help protect our customers, and the Internet community, from the inappropriate use of the Internet. A customer's use of the County of Solano’s website constitutes acceptance of this AUP. We reserve the right to revise and update this AUP from time to time and without prior notice.
Adding, removing, or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers and nicknames does not constitute impersonation. Using modified headers in news postings in order to avoid spam e-mail address collectors is allowed provided appropriate contact information is contained in the body of the posting.
- Privacy Violations: You may not attempt to gain access to any electronic systems, networks or data, without proper authorization.
- Threats: Verbal or written threats of bodily harm, libelous comments or destruction of property made through email, online communities, or uploaded files or links are prohibited.
- Harassment: Activity constituting harassment toward any individual or group for any reason, including, but not limited to, race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation, is prohibited.
- Illegal Use: The use of the County Web site for illegal purposes is prohibited.
- Network Disruptions: Any activities that adversely affect the ability of other people or systems to use the County's Web site are prohibited. This includes but is not limited to "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user, the known propagation or downloading of viruses, and all forms of hacking.
Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is your responsibility to ensure that your network is configured in a secure manner. You may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use your network for illegal or inappropriate actions.
Directly or indirectly sending viruses, hoaxes, chain letters, advertisements, unsolicited commercial e-mail, or large volumes of unsolicited e-mail, whether or not that e-mail is commercial in nature, is strictly prohibited.
Content submissions become property of Solano County, which the County may use at its discretion to the extent permissible by law.
Third Party Information
In general, information presented on this website, unless otherwise indicated, is considered in the public domain. It may be distributed or copied as permitted by law. However, the County does make use of copyrighted data (e.g., photographs), which may require additional permissions prior to your use. In order to use any information on this website not owned or created by the County, you must seek permission directly from the owning (or holding) sources.
Reporting Violations of Acceptable Use Policy
The County of Solano asks that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP should direct any relevant information to: [email protected]
Consequences of Acceptable Use Policy Violation
The County of Solano may take any one or more of the following actions in response to violations of this policy:
- Issue written or verbal warnings;
- Suspend the customer's posting privileges; or
- Report the offender(s) to the appropriate legal authorities and Internet Service Providers.
- By visiting the Solano County Web site, users agree that they will not use the site for any unlawful activity, or use it in any way that would violate the terms and conditions of use. This web site is governed and construed by the laws of the State of California. Any use of the web site shall comply with all Solano County and California laws and regulations as well as with all federal laws and regulations. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the state Computer Trespass law and federal statutes including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Subscription and Syndication Services
Solano County's subscription notifications and web-feed syndication services are courtesies provided to our customers and are not a substitute for official means of notification where such exist. In cases where subscribers opt to receive payment reminders through e-Subscribe, all deadlines and penalties for non-payment remain in place whether or not an e-Subscribe reminder is received. Solano County is not liable for any loss or inconveniences to subscribers if the service fails to provide timely notification, or even fails to provide notification at all, whether or not the County is at fault.
This material is for the noncommercial use of the general public. The Fair Use guidelines of the U.S. copyright statutes apply to all material on the Solano County web site and linked agency Web pages. The County of Solano shall remain the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, title and interest in and to all specifically copyrighted information created and posted for inclusion in this system. Photographs and graphics on the Solano County web site are the property of the County of Solano, unless specifically stated otherwise. For copy or use of information on the County of Solano website that is outside of the Fair Use provisions of copyright law, or if you have any questions on using material on the County of Solano web pages, please E-mail [email protected]. If permission to reproduce or redistribute is granted, the following statement shall be included on all reproduced information: "Reproduced with permission from the County of Solano, California."