| || |
|NON-HOSPITAL BIRTHS|By law, you must register the birth of your baby within 10 days of the birth (Health and Safety Code Section 102400).
The birth MUST have occurred within the last 12 months; otherwise you must file with the State department. For more information on how to register Non-Hospital births over 12 months, please visit the State website.
Non-Hospital births under 12 months old can be registered at our office by appointment only by calling (707) 784-8060.
In order to register an out-of-hospital birth, the personal appearance of:
- The physician and parents(s), or parent(s) with the physician's signed Affidavit, for physician attended births, OR
- The midwife and parent(s), or parent(s) with the midwife's signed Affidavit, for midwife attended births, OR
- The parent(s) and attendant (if appropriate), for non-physician, non-midwife attended births.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE APPOINTMENT:
- Driver's License or Identification Card issued by a U.S. Department of Motor Vehicles, U.S. Passport, U.S. Military Identification card, or Temporary Resident Identification Card (Green Card)
- Proof of pregnancy from a physician, midwife (must be on letterhead with original signature)
- Proof of residency in Solano County such as an utility bill that covers the time of the birth
- If the child was taken to a neighboring hospital after birth, bring notification of birth letter from the medical records department
- Newborn Screening Test (PKU) results
- Declaration of Paternity and Acknowledgment of Paternity (if parents are not married, these forms are available in our office)
- Worksheet for Out-of-Hospital Births
- Affidavit of Birth Information for Out-of-Hospital Births (DO NOT sign this form prior to the appointment. It MUST be signed in front of a clerk)
- Notification of Registration of Birth which occurred out of a licensed health facility NBS-OH completed
You can also download the "How to Register an Out-of-Hospital Birth" packet for more information.