COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, and free. Get answers to frequently asked questions and bust myths about vaccines.
**For COVID-19 testing sites click on this link**
Anyone age 6 months and above is eligible to get vaccinated.
- The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have been approved for children age 6 months through 11 years of age.
- The Novavax vaccine is available for individuals ages 12 and older who have not received any doses of the COVID-19 vaccines.
- For very young children, 6 months to 4 years old, Solano County recommends parents and caregivers to reach out to their child's primary care provider to schedule their well-child visits and get their COVID-19 vaccination series, along with the recommended childhood immunizations. For help finding a primary care provider, or getting health insurance, call Help Me Grow Solano at (844) 501-5437or visit HelpMeGrowSolano.org.
- For children age 5 to 11, please check our community site vaccine clinics below. For those 5-11 years old who received the Pediatric Pfizer vaccine, they are eligible for a booster dose 5 months after their second dose.
Anyone age 5+ can get their bivalent (omicron) booster shot, provided they qualify based on timing of the previous dose.
- Individuals 5 years and older can receive the Pfizer-BioNTech bivalent booster dose
- Individuals 6 years and older can receive the Moderna bivalent booster dose.
- Pfizer and Moderna recipients may receive a booster 2 months after their second dose or previous booster dose
- Johnson & Johnson recipients should receive a booster 2 months after their previous dose
The original monovalent booster doses are no longer authorized. The monovalent mRNA vaccines are only approved for first and second doses. The new Pfizer-BioNTech bivalent booster is approved for individuals ages 12 and older. The new Moderna bivalent booster is approved for individuals ages 18 years and older, including individuals who are moderately or severely immunocompromised. For more information on booster doses, go to: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID-19-Vaccine-Boosters.aspx.
Free Vaccine Events
Please bring proof of age and/or your CDC COVID-19 vaccination card (for boosters, second, and third doses) to your appointment.
Find a Vaccine Clinic
Vaccine clinics can also be found by visiting the following sites:
Standing Vaccine Clinic:
The Solano Town Center Mall site will be providing first/second doses and bivalent booster shots* to everyone 12+ (12-17 with parental consent).
*The bivalent Pfizer and Moderna booster shot will be available for individuals ages 12+ during the regular hours (see below). First come, first serve.
The Solano Town Center Mall vaccine clinic is located at 1451 Gateway Blvd, Fairfield (Enter through the inside entrance between Icing and Pandora (in the old Forever 21 storefront across from Ulta)
The regular hours at this location are:
- Tuesday through Thursday from 11:00am-6:00pm
- Friday from 11:00am-5:30pm
- Saturday from 10:00am-4:00pm
The upcoming holiday hours are:
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 24th: Closed
- Friday, November 25th: Open only for COVID testing, no vaccinations/boosters
Register for an appointment. For appointment assistance, call 1-800-672-0150. Walk-ins welcome!
Solano Public Health will be hosting a vaccination clinic at the Solano Town Center Mall on Wednesday, November 30 from 2:00pm - 5:00pm. Vaccine availability listed below:
- Monovalent Pfizer and Moderna
- Bivalent Pfizer and Moderna for pediatrics and adults
Please note that this specific clinic is on a walk-in basis only; registration will take place on-site - please do not register via the CHMRC website.
Community Site Vaccine Clinics:
All clinics listed below will now be offering the new bivalent (omicron) booster for those 5+! Walk-ins are welcome for everyone 5 years and older.
Monday, November 21st from 10:00AM-12:00PM
Emmanuel Temple (Pfizer 5+, Moderna 6+)
900 6th St, Vallejo, CA
During the Thanksgiving Food giveaway!
Wednesday, November 30th from 4:30-6:30PMDavid Weir Preparatory Academy (Pfizer 5+, Moderna 12+)
1975 Pennsylvania Ave, Fairfield, CA
Inside the Library
- Touro University California celebrates the 100th vaccine clinic at Cooper Elementary School on 01/26/2022
- Vaccination clinic at Guru Nanak Sikh Temple on 02/24/2022
- Medic Ambulance providing vaccinations to staff from ships Malta Hope and Sunbelt Spirit V.295 in 03/2022
FAQs and Resources
Other Vaccine Clinics
Visit http://www.myturn.ca.gov/ for additional appointments throughout the state.Follow Us!
Check out our social media pages for more information and updates!
Your Feedback is Appreciated
Did you find what you were looking for? Please fill out this short survey to let us know.