Permanent Food Facilities
Picture of Restaurant Picture of Restaurant
A permanent food facility operates in a permanently constructed structure, used for the purpose of storing, preparing, serving, manufacturing, packaging, or otherwise handling food at the retail level. All permanent food facilities are required to pay an annual permit fee and are subject to Solano County Environmental Health's Risk Based Inspection Program.

A new, remodeled, or a minor alteration of a permanent food facility requires the Food Facility Plan Submittal Application and plan check fee to be submitted prior to beginning construction or making alterations. The Plan Submittal Supplemental Questionnaire and Hood Worksheet and Appendix C may also need to be submitted.

If you are a veteran, submit the Veteran's Fee Exemption Application and your annual operating fee will be waived.


 Useful Resources

Food Facility Plan Submittal Application
Plan Submittal Supplemental Questionnaire
Hood Worksheet and Appendix C 
Veteran's Fee Exemption Application              
California Plan Check Guide for Retail Food Facilities
Frequently Asked Questions

If your food facility is located in unincorporated Solano County and you're not connected to a public water supply, submit the State Small Water System Application.

Food Safety Certification 
All food handlers shall obtain a food handler card within 30 days after the date of hire and maintain a valid card for the duration of their employment. In addition, food facilities that prepare, handle, or serve nonprepackaged potentially hazardous food shall have an owner or employee who is food safety certified. Use the following for information on how to fulfill these requirements: Food Handler & Manager Information and Food Manager Training and Test Providers.

Additional Information 
Limited service charitable feeding operations should view the Limited Service Charitable Feeding Operation Flowchart and contact our office at (707) 784-6765 for supplemental information.  

All farm stands are required to submit the
Farm Stand Application and annual permit fee.

Community food producers and gardens are required to submit the
Garden Registration.

Applications and plans shall be either mailed or dropped off to the following department:

Department of Resource Management
Environmental Health Division
675 Texas Street, Suite 5500
Fairfield, CA 94533
(707) 784-6765

Incomplete plans will not be accepted for review. Plan review may take up to 20 business days. Online Payments may be submitted; an invoice or permit number is not required to complete payments. To make an appointment, please call the main office at (707) 784-6765 or visit this link here.