Mobile Food Facilities
A mobile food facility is any vehicle used in conjunction with a commissary or other permanent
food facility upon which food is sold or distributed at retail. All mobile food facilities that operate outside of special events within Solano County are required to bring an updated commissary agreement form and their mobile food facility into our office for an annual inspection, and pay an annual permit fee.

Compact Mobile Food Operations
A compact mobile food operation (CMFO) is an individual, stand, display, wagon, etc. CMFOs may only sell prepackaged foods, whole uncut produce, or food with limited food preparation. All CMFOs which have open food or are conducting limited food preparation require a permit from our office. A commissary agreement is also required but can be located in alternate facilities that are not a permitted food facility.

A new or remodeled mobile food facility is required to submit the Mobile Food Facility Plan Submittal Application, construction review fee, annual permit fee, Restroom Agreement Form, and Commissary Agreement Form which shall be updated yearly. Use the Food Truck Construction Requirement Checklist or the Food Cart Construction Requirement Checklist to ensure your mobile food facility will pass the construction review inspection. The construction review fee is assessed whether or not your mobile food facility passes the construction review inspection.

If you are a veteran, submit the
Veteran's Fee Exemption Application and your annual operating fee will be waived.


 Useful Resources

Mobile Food Facility (MFF):
Mobile Food Facility Plan Submittal Application
Commissary Agreement Form
Restroom Agreement Form *New
Food Truck Construction Requirement Checklist
Food Cart Construction Requirement Checklist  
Veteran's Fee Exemption Application                       

Compact Mobile Food Operation (CMFO):
Plan Submittal Application (CMFO)
Commissary Guidelines (CMFO)
Construction Review Checklist (CMFO)
Prepackaged Cart Operation
Unpackaged Cart Operation
Sample CMFO Plans
Plan Check Guidelines for Mobile Food Facilities
CA Dept. of Housing and Community Development
Frequently Asked Questions

Food Safety Certification 
All food handlers shall obtain a food handler card within 30 days after the date of hire and maintain a valid card for the duration of their employment. In addition, food facilities that prepare, handle, or serve nonprepackaged potentially hazardous food shall have an owner or employee who is food safety certified. Use the following for information on how to fulfill these requirements: Food Handler & Manager Information and Food Manager Training and Test Providers.

Submittal/Construction Review Inspection 
Bring your completed CMFO paperwork to the department listed below. Please make an appointment by calling the main office at (707) 784-6765 or via this link here
Bring your on and running mobile food facility (MFF) along with your application and fees to the department listed below. Please make an appointment by calling the main office at (707) 784-6765 or via this link here

 Department of Resource Management
Environmental Health Division
675 Texas Street, Suite 5500
Fairfield, CA 94533
(707) 784-6765

Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Online Payments may be submitted; an invoice or permit number is not required to complete payments.