Mission Statement To further the success of family violence prevention and intervention efforts in Solano County.
WARNING: Anyone can track your computer activity. If you are in danger,
please call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-799-SAFE).
Consider using a safer computer such as one from the library or a friend's house.
To reduce the incidence of abuse and neglect in families through education, intervention and
collaboration with public and private organizations throughout Solano County.
Department Description and Functionality
The Solano County Office of Family Violence Prevention was created by the Board of Supervisors in 1998 to work collaboratively with local public and private organizations to reduce family violence in Solano County. Additionally, the Office of Family Violence Prevention is charged with providing the Board of Supervisors with recommendations on policy and legislation issues important to Solano County.
Office of Family Violence Prevention Goals:
1. Promote Interagency Coordination in Solano County
2. Work with County Departments Regarding Issues of Family Violence
3. Mobilize Resources to Bring Additional Needed Funding to Public and Private Organizations to Combat Family Violence
4. Create and Conduct a Public Awareness Campaign to Increase Education of Family Violence Prevention and Available Resources
5. Monitor and Analyze Legislation and Make Recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and Coordinating Councils
6. Collect and Encourage Data Collection on Family Violence Incidents in Solano County