Vacation House Rental (VHR)

A dwelling that is offered or used for transient occupancy without a resident family present within the dwelling.

Recent revisions to the Solano County Code updated the rules for dwellings used for transient lodging. The changes also serve as the Short-Term Vacation Home Rental Ordinance in unincorporated Solano County.

Refer to the Transient Lodging Matrix as a guide to see the allowed zone districts and additional limitations for VHRs. A vacation house rental is subject to the issuance of a Minor Use Permit. Refer to Planning Applications & Instructions for Application and Fee Schedule.

Use the Options Menu to apply for a new VHR Operating Permit, to renew an existing VHR Operating Permit, to make payments of Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) or to file a VHR complaint.

For further help and questions, please contact staff of the Planning Services Division at 707-784-6765 and speak with the Planner on duty or contact us via e-mail at [email protected].