Vital Statistics provides death certificates for deaths occurring within the last two years.
Information for Funeral Homes
For requests of for certified copies of death records, an agent or employee of a funeral establishment who acts within the course and scope of his or her employment and who orders certified copies of a death certificate on behalf of an individual specified in paragraphs (1) to (5), inclusive, of subdivision (a) of Section 7100 of the Health and Safety Code
Funeral Home Pickup Hours
Funeral Home pickup hours are Monday-Friday, 10am - 4pm.
Paying for the Certificate
The fee for a death certificate is $23. A fee of $20 may be added to expedite the delivery.
For Pickup or Mail Orders
Please follow the following steps listed to place your order:
1. Fill out and print the Death Certificate Application Form
2. Complete the application including the notarized section, then email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. To pay online, select an option below:
- Pick up the certificate at the office
- Mail the certificate to your address
Burial Permits for Disinterment
If remains or cremains are being moved from the location where they are legally interred, a new Disposition Permit is required. In order to process this, the following items are necessary:
1. A copy of the death certificate, original burial permit or transit permit
2. A photo id
3. Information about where the remains are to be interred in Solano County
Burial Permit Fee
The fee for a burial permit is $12.
For more information about burial permits, contact the Vital Statistics Office.
Questions? Contact Us
For questions, call 707-784-8060 from 8am - 4pm, Monday-Friday or email us at email@example.com
The Vital Statistics Office is located at 275 Beck Ave, Fairfield, CA.