| || |
First 5 Solano Emergency Response Fund Application-Opportunity for Equipment/Materials
Application Period Closed Monday November 9th at 5 pm
First 5 Solano will fund as many requests as possible with the funding that we have available.
All Applicants who have received funding in prior rounds of Emergency Response Funds are eligible for this opportunity.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the First 5 Solano Commission is currently accepting applications for the Emergency Response Fund. The application is open to any agency or business that serves children ages 0-5 in Solano County. Priority will be given to applicants that are currently open and providing in person care to children ages 0-5.
In this round of grants, applications are being accepted for materials and equipment to support mitigating the spread of COVID-19, including the following:
- No-touch forehead thermometer (Max=2)
- Temperature screening kiosk with face recognition (Max 1; for child care centers with 2 or more classrooms only)
- 32"x24" sneeze guard (Max=4)
- Room dividers (Max=4)
- Touchless dispenser for soap or hand sanitizer (Max=4)
- HEPA Air purifier for rooms up to 500 sq. ft (Max=2)
- Individual learning kits designed for children ages 3-5 in an early learning setting (Max=30)
Examples of the materials and equipment can be found at:
The materials and equipment in the link are examples for selection purposes. The actual items provided may differ slightly based on pricing and availability at the time of ordering.
Each item has a maximum number that will be considered in the first review of applications. However, should your agency/business have a need for higher number of items than indicated in the maximum, there is an opportunity in the application to indicate the total number you could use and describe your need. Requests over maximums will be fulfilled based on available funding after the equipment/materials in the first review of applications have been fulfilled. Staff from First 5 Solano may contact you to discuss your request.
Once submitted and approved by First 5 Solano, First 5 Solano will obtain the items and you will be required to pick up the items at an arranged time at the First 5 Solano office at 3375 Sonoma Blvd, Ste 30, Vallejo. At the time of pick up, you will be required to sign an agreement that the items will be used for the purposes of serving children ages 0-5 for COVID-19 response.
- For information and assistance please contact: Lorraine Fernandez, First 5 Solano Program Manager at (707) 784-1337 [email protected]
- Para obtener información y asistencia en español, por favor comuníquese con: Juanita Morales, First 5 Solano Manejadora de Programas, 707-784-1339 [email protected]