| || |
First 5 Solano Emergency Response Fund-FY 2020/21
Application period has been extended until 5:00 pm Friday, September 18th
Emergency Response Fund Application
Emergency Response Fund Policy
Emergency Response Fund Grant Activity Report
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the First 5 Solano Commission is currently accepting applications for the Emergency Response Fund. Grants of up to $7,500* are available to address needs of community partners generated by the local, state, and federal response to community emergencies, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing technology to continue services for children ages 0-5 and their families, such as Zoom videoconferencing, SurveyMonkey, etc
- Provision of services which are identified by the community to ensure needed First 5 Solano funded services and other services to young children are able to continue.
- Provision of supplies which are identified by the community to ensure families basic needs are met.
- Other grants determined to be consistent with the purpose of the Fund as approved by the First 5 Solano Commission.
Current Application Period: Open September 1 until 5:00 pm on Friday, September 18th
Please read all instructions on this page carefully before submitting an application
Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding Available: Up to $250,000 via CARES Act. Funding is contingent upon approval of Solano County’s CARES Act Plan and availably of CARES Act funding.
Funding timeframe: September 15, 2020-December 30,2020
*Please Note: Agencies are eligible for up to $7,500 total for FY2020/21. If you were previously granted funding in the current Fiscal Year (July 1, 2020-September 30, 2020), you are only eligible for the difference between $7,500 and the amount previously granted. Examples:
- You received $1,000 in ERF funding since July 1, 2020; you are eligible for up to $6,500 during the current application period
- You received $7,500 since July 1, 2020; you are not eligible for any further Emergency Response Fund grant this Fiscal Year
To assist in the completion of your application please note the following
The Emergency Response Fund may not be used for the following:
- New programs
- Outdoor play equipment
- Storage units
- Technology for children ages 0-5 (e.g. laptops or tablets for children ages 0-5)
- Food (Child Care providers may be eligible to apply to Solano Family & Children’s Services Food Program http://www.solanofamily.org/child-care-provider-resources/child-care-food-program/)
- General Operating Expenses, including salaries, rent, utilities (Please Note: if you are a child care provider, there will be an opportunity for operating support for increased costs due to COVID-19 through Solano Family & Children’s Service. Stay Tuned for an announcement)
Based on market rates, standard fixed amounts have been established for the following commonly requested items: