| || |
|BabyFirst Solano Collaborative|
A Commitment to Improve Birth Outcomes in Solano County
In Solano County, health outcomes for pregnant women and infants fall short of National standards, especially when broken down by race and ethnicity. For example, a quarter of Solano pregnant women do not access prenatal care services in the first trimester; African American infants in Solano County are nearly twice as likely to be born at low birth weight (5 pounds, 8 ounces or less) and more likely to die before their first birthday than their counterparts; and African American, Latina, and Pacific Islander teens have teen birth rates significantly greater than other Solano teens. Despite improvements over the past decade, much work remains.
BabyFirst Solano is a public and private partnership, and is committed to improving birth outcomes for infants born to teens and African-Americans in Solano County. The partnership is working to coordinate services, increase public awareness, partner with health care providers, identify barriers to care, and promote positive birth outcomes for Solano infants. The comprehensive services include case management, mentoring, education, family support and planning, and assistance with accessing health care services and insurance.
The Collaborative goals are to:
- Improve birth outcomes for infants in Solano County by addressing health disparities in our County, beginning with prenatal care.
- Provide coordinated comprehensive services to pregnant and parenting teens, African-Americans, and women using or at risk of substance abuse.
- Increase the number of teens and African-American women entering early, regular prenatal care, by addressing the barriers to care.
- Increase awareness of health care providers to identify and serve the diverse needs of pregnant and parenting teens and African-Americans.
- Ensure mothers and infants have health insurance and a health care provider.
- NorthBay HealthCare
- Planned Parenthood
- Black Infant Health (BIH), Solano County Health & Social Services
- Child Welfare Services, Solano County Health & Social Services
- Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP), Solano County Health & Social Services
- La Clinica - Great Beginnings
- Partnership HealthPlan of California (PHC)
- Prenatal Care Guidance (PCG), Solano County Health & Social Services
- Solano Kids Insurance Program (SKIP)
- Solano Parenting Partnership, Children's Network
- Substance Abuse Services, Solano County Health & Social Services
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), Solano County Health & Social Services
- Children's Nurturing Project
Referrals: 1 (877) 680-2229
Fax: (707) 784-2229
Health & Social Services Department Maternal & Child Health Bureau
275 Beck Avenue P.O. Box 490, MS 5-240
Fairfield, CA 94533