| || |
|Shelter at Home Health Order|
Health Order Amended on May 1, 2020
The Solano County Public Health Officer, consistent with the recent changes from the California Department of Public Health, is amending the County’s Shelter at Home Health Order and Directive to include recreational outdoor activities as essential activities, including, but not limited to golfing, hiking, biking, walking, bicycling, mountain biking, boating and jogging – all while making sure people can maintain a safe physical distance of six-feet from each other and only gathering with members of the same household.
All golf courses in the County may be opened for limited use and golf may resume on all golf courses with groups of no more than four persons, subject to full compliance with the requirements for golf courses and driving ranges. The golf site requirements are listed as appendix A in the amended order.
Read the amended Shelter at Home Order and Directive
Read the Shelter at Home Order Amendment Press Release - English | Spanish
Health Order Extended until May 17, 2020
Solano County has extended a countywide Shelter at Home Health Order and Directive until May 17, 2020. This order aims to continue protecting the health and safety of our community and ensure consistent compliance across the County with social distancing and self-isolation measures. These mitigation measures are disruptive, but critical to curb the growing number of cases resulting from community spread, particularly given that a majority of those infected show mild symptoms or none at all.
Read the Shelter at Home Order and Directive.
Essential and Non-Essential Businesses
Social Distancing Guidance for Essential Businesses and Agencies (English) (Spanish)
What is open?
- Gas stations
- Food: Grocery stores, farmers markets, food banks, convenience stores, take-out and delivery restaurants
- Laundromats/laundry services
- Other essential businesses
What is closed?
- Dine-in restaurants
- Bars and nightclubs
- Entertainment venues
- Gyms and fitness studios
- Public events and gatherings
- Convention centers
- Hair and nail salons
- Can I still exercise? Take my kids to the park for fresh air? Take a walk around the block? Walk my dog? Play golf? Go boating?
- Yes. So long as you are maintaining a safe social distance of six feet from people who aren’t part of your household, it is ok to go outside for exercise, a walk or fresh air. Gyms are closed. You can walk, run, hike and bike in their local neighborhoods as long as they continue to practice social distancing of 6 feet. You can also play golf or go boating as long as you maintain 6-feet physical distance from others.
- To help reduce crowds, some State Parks are modifying operations, including closing vehicular access and parking lots to reduce density of visitors. A list of closures can be found at www.parks.ca.gov/flattenthecurve.
Businesses and Taxes
- What are considered essential businesses?
- Businesses and organizations that provide critical infrastructure for the state are exempted, including health care and public health, public safety, food and agriculture and media services. Visit the guide for more information.
Do I need to pay my taxes?
- Yes, state and federal deadlines have been extended. All state taxes are now due on July 15.
- Can I take my pet to the vet?
- You can go to the vet or pet hospital if your pet is sick. Remember to distance yourself at least six feet from other pets and owners.
- How does the health order get enforced?
- The public is required to comply, as violation of the order can result in penalties. However, the intent of Solano County is not to punish members of the public. Rather, the role of law enforcement is to educate and inform with legal action reserved for significant violations.
Who do I contact for enforcement questions?
- For questions about enforcement among grocery stores, food industries (food trucks, restaurants), salons or barbershops, call the Coronavirus Warmline at 707-784-8988.
- For questions about enforcement other areas by city, the following phone numbers are below: