| || |
An additional Solano County case of COVID-19 found at Travis Air Force Base due to community acquired exposure
March 15, 2020
SOLANO COUNTY – Solano Public Health officials received confirmation that a Solano County resident and an adult dependent of a service member at Travis Air Force Base has tested positive due to community acquired exposure to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The individual is in isolation at their respective off-base residence. A Contra Costa resident and active-duty airman also tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and is in isolation at their respective off-base residence.
Solano Public Health is coordinating closely with Travis Air Force base to provide important care to these individuals. The agencies will continue to work together to mitigate the effects of the virus and provide pertinent updates as timely as possible.There continues to be a low risk of COVID-19 to the community. There are simple daily precautions that everyone should take, such as:
- Washing your hands with soap and water, and rubbing for at least 20 seconds
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue, sleeve or arm (not your hands)
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Staying home when you are sick
- Avoiding touching your face, particularly your eyes, nose and mouth
- Performing routine surface cleaning, particularly for items which are frequently touched such as doorknobs, handles, remotes, keyboards and other commonly shared surfaces
- If you are an older adult (60+ years of age), avoid congregate and social gatherings
- Getting a flu shot to protect against the flu, which has similar symptoms to COVID-19
If you have recently returned from a country with ongoing COVID-19 infections, monitor your health and call your health care provider first before going to the medical facility if you develop fever and other sign/symptoms of a lower respiratory illness, such as cough or shortness of breath.
For more information about this rapidly evolving situation, visit cdc.gov/COVID19. For local updates, visit www.solanocounty.com/publichealth or the Solano Public Health Facebook page, @SolanoCountyPH.
For information about influenza activity and surveillance in California, visit the CDPH website at www.cdph.ca.gov