| || |
The mission of the Registrar of Voters Office is to ensure federal, state and local elections are conducted timely, responsibly, and with the highest level of professional election standards, accountability, security and integrity, intended to earn and maintain public confidence in the electoral process.
- Conduct fair and impartial federal, state, local and school elections
- Register voters and maintain voter registration records
- Develop instructional materials and administer candidate nominations
- Ensure the timely filing of campaign disclosure statements
- Act as Filing Officer for statements of economic interests
- Procure polling places
- Develop curriculum and train hundreds of poll workers
- Provide outreach services for voter registration
- File and verify state and local initiative, referendum and recall petitions
- Provide voter registration and election information to candidates and campaigns
- Maintain precinct and district maps
- Canvass and certify the results of all elections
There are five established election dates over a two-year election cycle. Elections are scheduled in Solano County in June of the even years and in November of each year. Initiative, referendum, recall and school bond elections are not limited to the regular election dates.
Costs for federal, state, and county elections are borne by the county, while the other jurisdictions (cities, schools, and special districts) reimburse the county for the cost of conducting their elections.
In addition to the conduct of elections, the department also maintains the voter registration file, conflict of interest and campaign statement filings, files and verifies petitions, (initiative, referendum, recall, formation, and annexation petitions), maintains precinct maps, issues certificates of registration and provides information on election related matters.