| || |
|Marriage Ceremonies: |
|Who May Solemnize Marriages |
|(Family Code §400, §401, §402): |
- A priest, minister, or rabbi of any religious denomination.
- A judge or retired judge, commissioner or retired commissioner, or assistant commissioner of a court of record or justice court in this state.
- A judge or magistrate who has resigned from office.
- A justice or retired justice of the United States Supreme Court.
- A judge or retired judge of a court of appeals, a district court, or a court created by an act of Congress the judges of which are entitled to hold office during good behavior.
- A judge or retired judge of a bankruptcy court or a tax court.
- A United States magistrate or retired magistrate.
- While in office, a legislator or constitutional officer of this state or a member of Congress who represents a district within this state.
- Commissioner of civil marriages or retired commissioner of civil marriages. For each county, the county clerk is designated as commissioner of civil marriages.
|On Site Civil Ceremonies |
|The Solano County Clerk's office performs civil ceremonies by appointment only on Thursday afternoons. Please contact our office at (707) 784-7510 to schedule an appointment. |
|The Solano County Events Center (which is adjacent to the County Administration Center) can be rented for your ceremony or reception. |
To receive information about the Events Center please call 707-784-7900 or go to their website at www.solanocounty.com/events for photos, fees and additional information.