| || |
|Adolescent Family Life Program|
Adolescent Family Life Program (AFLP) /
Positive Youth Development (PYD)
AFLP is a voluntary, strengths-based, case management program designed for expecting and parenting youth that addresses the social, health, educational, and economic impact of adolescent pregnancy in Solano County. This program implements an evidence informed model – Positive Youth Development (PYD) by partnering youth with supportive and encouraging case managers who works with them to set and achieve goals in four main priority areas: Family Planning, Education & Work, Access to Health Care, & Healthy Relationships. Case Managers meet with program participants twice a month for 12 months in youth lead convenient locations. All services are at no cost to program participants.
- Increase educational attainment and employability.
- Improve pregnancy planning and spacing.
- Increase access to and utilization of needed healthcare services.
- Increase social and emotional support and build resiliency.
- Case management services that focus on topics important to parenting and expectant youth.
- Case conferencing to better understand youth needs.
- Referrals to services to programs such as WIC, job training, childcare services, Medi-Cal or other health insurance.
- A supportive setting and positive encouragement for achieving goals.
- Pregnant/parenting adolescent females
- Parenting or expectant adolescent males under 19 years of age
- Solano County residents, regardless of income or cultural background
How to Enroll
For pregnant/expectant or parenting teens:
Join AFLP by calling (707) 421-2750 Ext. 6621!
For community agencies and providers:
Complete the MCAH Central Referral Form, select Adolescent Family Life Program, and fax to 707-784-2229 (BABY).
For additional information about the program please contact:
Solano County AFLP PYD
Planned Parenthood Case Management Services
303 Sacramento Street
Vallejo, CA 94590
(707) 421-2750 Ext.6621
AFLP PYD Brochure - English
AFLP PYD Brochure - Spanish